- positioning Illinois as a leader in early care and education and as the first
state to offer quality voluntary preschool to all three and four-year-old children;
- establishing Chicago as the number one U.S. city for accredited early childhood
- initiating the Illinois Director Credential;
- creating commercials and public service announcements that promote early learning
and the importance of quality early childhood education; and
- educating and gaining policymakers’ support for quality improvement through increased
child care subsidy budgets; and
- securing a program offering salary incentives for early childhood teachers who
seek education and want to remain at a job site.
Did you know?
- The Education Program has been funding early care and education since 1993.
- The Education Program’s grant portfolio generally ranges between 30 and 40 active grants per year.
- Between 1993 and 2006 the Education Program awarded a total of over $74 million
to early care and education in Illinois